1. Develop and publish an RFP for professional services to update the City’s Comprehensive Plan | Development Services | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q1
2. Obtain City Council approval of a professional services contract for the City’s Comprehensive Plan update | Development Services | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
3. Appoint a Steering Committee for the Comprehensive Plan review process | Development Services | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
4. Complete the Comprehensive Plan Update with City Council approval | Development Services | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2023 Q2
5. Market the Comprehensive Plan update process for citizen engagement | City Manager’s Office | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
3rd Quarter Update July 2022
The RFQ Evaluation Committee selected AECOM as the top firm for the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (Comp Plan) update. At the May 17 City Council Meeting, the City Council approved a professional services agreement with AECOM to update the Comp Plan. Staff is currently working with AECOM to create the Steering Committee that will include representation for residents, business owners, and the development community. AECOM anticipates the Comp Plan will be completed in by FY 2023 Q2.
2nd Quarter Update April 2022
Three proposals were received in response to the RFQ for consultant services for the Comprehensive Plan Update project. The evaluation committee consisting of representatives from various City departments such as Development Services, Planning and Zoning, Public Utilities, and the DeSoto Development Corporation evaluated and scored the proposals. The top two scoring firms were brought in for in-person presentations. The committee is working on a final scope of work and contract with the recommended vendor for presentation to the City Council. Once City Council approval is obtained for a firm, staff will form a Steering Committee to guide the Comprehensive Plan Update process and begin marketing the project for citizen engagement.