Eligibility List for 03.23.2019 civil service exam
Minimum Qualifications for Firefighter
- Must be between 21-35 years of age at time of appointment as a Firefighter.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Must meet all physical requirements.
- Must not have used illegal drugs within the past 3 years.
And one of the following:
- Must provide proof of certification as a basic Firefighter, as established by Texas Commission on Fire Protection, and must be fully certified with the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an Emergency Medical Technician Basic;
- Must provide proof of certification as a Paramedic (must provide a Paramedic Certificate issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians) prior to entrance examination.
A hiring eligibility list is prepared from candidates who meet the minimum qualifications, pass a written test and a physical ability test.
- The applicants must pass the written exam with a minimum score of 70 percent.
- The eligibility list shall be established and will remain in effect for one year or until such time the list has been exhausted.
- Candidates who pass the written exam will be subject to successful completion of the following:
- Driver analysis
- Background investigation
- Physical agility test
- Psychological evaluation
- Polygraph test
- Oral review board
- Medical exam, including drug testing
- Any other relevant investigations deemed necessary
- Those applicants who pass the written exam will need to be prepared to take the physical agility test (PAT) immediately following the written examination.
- Individuals with disabilities who will need reasonable accommodation in order to complete a test must contact the Civil Service Director at 972.230.9639 prior to the scheduled test date. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation will be required.