New to DeSoto
Welcome to the City of DeSoto! Below is a list of useful links to help get you established. To have any questions answered, please call:
The Action Center was created to provide citizens with a hassle-free method of obtaining information and requesting city services. Just one call to 972.274.CITY (2489), and residents can be assured of being referred to the right department, right away, the first time.
Trash & Recycling
- All residents who live west of Hampton Road have their garbage collected on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- All residents east of Hampton are collected on Mondays and Thursdays.
- All recycling is picked up on Wednesdays. Recycle bins are provided when new water service is turned on.
- More Information here, including Holiday schedules
- Electricity is delivered by Oncor. Choose your own provider by searching for electricity rates on the Internet.
- Atmos Energy - 1.800.460.3030
- DeSoto ISD 200 E. Beltline Road Ph: 972.223.6666
Police & Fire
Call 911 for Emergencies!
- DeSoto Police Department 714 E. Beltline Road Ph:972.658.3000
- DeSoto Fire Department 211 E. Pleasant Run Road Ph: 972.230.9680