- Financial Services
- DeSoto Unclaimed Property
DeSoto Unclaimed Property
The City of DeSoto is currently holding property that is presumed abandoned or unclaimed subject to Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. This is property that individuals and businesses have failed to request money that is owed to them. The City holds unclaimed property valued up to $100 that is presumed abandoned. You may have unclaimed property if your name or business appears on the unclaimed property list.
Steps to Claim Listed Property:
1. View the most recent Unclaimed Property Listing below.
2. Find your name or business name on our Unclaimed Property Listing document.
3. Fill out and send in the Unclaimed Property Claim Form and supporting documentation establishing your right to receive the property. (If your name is on this list and you believe the city has met its financial obligation or you have already been paid, please complete the Release of Unclaimed Property form.)
4. Mail the completed form and supporting documentation to:
City of DeSoto
Attn: Unclaimed Property
211 E. Pleasant Run Road
DeSoto, TX 75115
Or e-mail the form and documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unclaimed Property List
Unclaimed Property Claim Form for Original Owner, Heir, Trustee, or Parent, or Business Owner.
Release of Unclaimed Property
The Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts maintains unclaimed property information for individuals with $100 or more in unclaimed property including forgotten money and items from old bank accounts, royalties and payroll checks, insurance policies, safety deposit boxes, and other sources. For information, contact the comptroller's office toll-free at 800-654-3463 or visit the Texas Unclaimed Property website.
State of Texas unclaimed property