DEVELOP A grow DeSoto Marketplace Construction / Transition plan to include more traditional restaurant space and seating areas.
1. Create a Steering Committee of residents and business experts to provide review of the current Grow DeSoto Market Place and to develop recommendations for future use | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q2
2. Initiate a design concept competition for reimagining the Grow DeSoto Market Place | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
3. Study and evaluate market demand for proposed facility changes | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2023 Q4
4. Work with the property owner to identify acceptable concepts | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q1 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
5. Evaluate transition plan options with the property owner prior to master lease option trigger date | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q2 | Complete FY 2022 Q4
6. Develop construction cost estimates | Economic Development | Start FY 2022 Q4 | Complete FY 2023 Q2
4th Quarter Update September 2022
The past and current tenant surveys as well as surveys of Grow DeSoto Market Place customers has been completed and shared with the Grow DeSoto Market Place Steering Committee. In Q4, the Steering Committee toured similar facilities to gain additional details regarding changes that could enhance the overall mission and effectiveness of the business incubator. The Economic Development Department and the Steering Committee continue to work with the property owner to explore options to expand service offerings and add structure to the business concept.
3rd Quarter Update July 2022
As directed by the Grow DeSoto Market Place Steering Committee, tenant and customer surveys have been conducted for the Grow DeSoto Market Place. The Steering Committee will receive the feedback from those surveys in August. Following input and recommendations from the Steering Committee, the City will work with the property owner to discuss options consistent with the direction of the Steering Committee.