Arts Grants Guidelines
Arts Grants Eligibility Criteria for Application
To be eligible to receive a grant, an organization must:
- Be an active nonprofit corporation or unincorporated association recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal 2 Revenue Code or must have filed for non-profit status within six months of the grant deadline, for which approval is pending.
- Or register as a non-profit organization with the State of Texas. § 76.001(3) of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code defines “Nonprofit Organization” as an incorporated or unincorporated organization that has been established and is operating for religious, charitable, or educational purposes and that does not distribute any of its income to its members, directors, or officers.”
- Be an individual professional artist applying under the umbrella of a 501(c)(3) organization who demonstrates a history of ongoing artistic/cultural programs for a minimum of two years.
- The project, season or activity for which you are seeking funding must take place in DeSoto and be for the benefit of DeSoto audiences.
- Comply with appropriate local, state, and federal laws that prohibit discrimination because of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap.
- Provide a proposed budget for the project.
- Have the authority to enter into a contract with the City of DeSoto.
- To agree to save and hold the City of DeSoto, DeSoto Arts Commission members, all officers, employees, etc. harmless from any/all damages and claims that might arise under the contract.
Follow the link below for the Grant Application Form. Once completed, email the form and any scanned supporting documents to Kathy.email@example.com no later than September 30th of each year at 5 p.m. If September 20th falls on a weekend or holiday, please submit the form on the prior Friday at 5 p.m. For more information, please call Kathy Jones at 972.230.9648.
Frequently Asked Questions